Friday, March 11, 2011

Calcaneal Fracture Swimming



This article is going to leave the philosophical fence that normally fits my writing, but justified by the claim that Dr. Socorro Ceja (Mexico) has made me. Similarly the topic of cancer comes to me very closely, because a relative of mine has suffered and overcome.

The morning comes with renewed brio, the smell of coffee promises a new day, my wife's face makes me a slight smile ... so long and still just as beautiful. Suddenly a sharp pain gripped my ways, the sinking in the depths of darkness without a name and takes me to a state of unconscious. I hear loud sirens, cries, sobs, someone call out my name ... I understand nothing. From time to time I open my eyes and I see white people running from side to side. Now I see tears in the eyes of my wife, is sad but I do not understand why. Ora I fall into the unconscious, now my children, now an unknown face and pray nothing ...

Everything happens so fast ... suddenly the sound of a continuing and deep machine marks the beat of my heart I awake. I look to one side, then another, and only found one near curtains that separate me from the world. What happened? "Where am I? ... I remember nothing. The last thing my mind could get me was the breakfast in the morning and severe abdominal pain that I could not stand ... Now I understand ... I'm in a hospital.

The days spent in the cold dorm room. Nobody wants to say anything, just watch around me pitying looks. Some began to evoke ancient times, as if to cling to the past and finally, after several weeks of testing, comes the day of consultation.

The doctor looks at my wife under the glass of his spectacles, his grin is impenetrable. Sets his sights on the documents carried by hand and nails in his gray eyes on mine, I seem to mean something, but re-reading of his writings. My wife broke into tears and that moment is that the doctor chooses to speak:

- ... Cancer ... Sorry to say you have cancer.

I blurred vision, heart stops, the breathing becomes choppy. A lump rises in my stomach reaches my mouth is dry at times. The word, that word would not listen, that happens to many but I was never happen has arrived ... CANCER. Is there hardest word, there are more thoughtful and profound word ...?

- is serious, you know, but we will do everything in our power to succeed.

not hear anything of what you're saying, I explained treatment, the method to be followed, possible complications ... But all this sounds very far, my ears just bring me a word ... CANCER.

The hair begins to fall, the forces fail me, I have no appetite, I do not want anyone to be with me ... How long my lifetime ... I do not know, but I do not care, I just want everything to end as soon as possible, nothing matters. The days turn into weeks, and these in months. It has been three months of diagnosis and even echoes of that word CANCER.

One day, tomorrow, the sun re-enters the window, long time since I stopped to watch. The smell of coffee again to life in my apartment
... Could smell? ... had long without tasting. My wife looks at me, and there is no compassion in his eyes just makes me love and a smile ... Still beautiful as ever. I do not want to die, I do not want that everything is over, I'm not scared to CANCER, the only thing that matters is being with whom I love and enjoy the small pleasures of my life, the rest ... Only passenger.




¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ LIVE !!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment